Prepared & Submitted by Ben Lowy
• 1 (500g) package oreo cookies (The truffles from the swap used 38 cookies)
• 1 (250g) package cream cheese (The truffles from the swap used about ¾ of the package)
• 1 bag of chocolate chips
• In a food processor, blend the oreos until smooth. Add and blend in cream cheese until well-mixed.
• Roll mixture into 1” balls and place on a tray with wax paper.
• Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
• Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave.
• Coat balls in chocolate and place back on the wax paper.
• Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
Store in Tupperware for 7 to 10 days.
• Keep a few oreos separate in case the mixture is too moist and you need to thicken it by adding more cookies.
This item was part of our food swap on November 15th, 2012. This dish was swapped for:
- Kayla’s Brownies
- Jenn’s Shepherd-less Pie
- Sonia’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gillian’s Lentil & Feta Salad
- Megan’s Beet & Quinoa Salad