- 1 ½ cups flour (this particular recipe used half plain white wheat, and half red fife flour)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ – ½ cup cold water
- Lots of caramelized onions (To caramelize onions, cook in olive oil on low heat for forever — seriously.)
- Lots of mushrooms, sautéed in butter.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cream, if you have it (The quiche from the swap didn’t have the cream.)
- Some chopped sage, salt, pepper.
- Grated cheese.
Bake dough (rolled out thin) in pie plates for 20 minutes in a 400° oven with tinfoil and dry beans covering. Fill with egg mix and bake for 30 minutes in a 350° oven.
This item was part of our food swap on November 15th, 2012. This dish was swapped for:
- Hannah’s Ginger Miso Soup & Burdock Root
- Ben’s Dark Chocolate & Mint Chocolate Faux Truffles
- Gillian’s Lentil & Feta Salad
- Megan’s Quinoa & Beet Salad