- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cranberries
1. In a small bowl blend sour cream, lemon juice, lemon rind and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Cut in the butter and mix till crumbly. Add the cranberries. Stir sour cream mixture and egg into flour mixture until just moistened.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Split into two and pat into ¾”-1” thick round. Cut into 6 wedges. Place 2” apart on baking sheet.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on bottom.
6. Or place baking sheet in freezer. When frozen transfer to ziplock bags and use as needed. Bake from frozen for 35 min.
1. Add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg to dry ingred. Add 1 tsp vanilla to sour cream mixture. Mix in I cup raisins. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
2. Add 1 tsp vanilla to sour cream mixture. Mix in one cup chocolate chips.
3. Add zest of one orange and ¼ cup orange juice to sour cream mixture. Mix in 1 cup blueberries.
This item was part of our food swap on March 25th, 2013. This dish was swapped for:
- Natalie’s Butternut Squash and Kale Saag
- Jenn’s Smokey Lentil Chard Soup
- Jasmine’s Orange and Chia Seed Muffin
- Hannah R’s Herbal Tea Blend
- Alison’s Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies