(This recipe has been adjusted from allrecipes.com)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs + 3 tablespoons for coating
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper
- salt to taste
- olive oil
1. Squeeze juice out of grated zucchini, pat dry and sprinkle a bit of salt.
2. In mixing bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, paprika, and chili pepper. Stir until evenly mixed.
3. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by tablespoonfuls. Sprinkle Italian bread crumbs on each side, and cook for a few minutes until each side is golden.
Serve with salad and sour cream.
Should make about 18 mini patties (I doubled the ingredients and made 36).
This item was part of our food swap on January 28th, 2013. This dish was swapped for: