(This recipe has been adjusted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 table spoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander or cilantro
- 1 can organic bean salad, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a small pot and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, coriander, and beans and toss to coat.
3. Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This item was part of our food swap on January 28th, 2013. This dish was swapped for: