- 1/2 of a phyllo pastry package
- 1 (500 mL) container of cottage cheese
- 1 (250 mL) container of sour cream or yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar/agave syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins (or more!)
- 2 eggs
- a bit of oil
- 1/4 T cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients (except for the phyllo pastry!) together. Spread a bit of olive oil on a pan (or put down a sheet of aluminum foil) and put 5-6 sheets of the phyllo pastry. Spread out the cheese mixture onto the phyllo pastry, and then cover it with 5-6 more sheets of phyllo. If you’re a patient person, put a bit of oil in between each phyllo sheet – but it’s okay if you skip this step. It’s good to do if you like pastry-like texture!
- Bake the phyllo cheese pie for about 20 minutes, or until it’s golden and the corners are a bit well done.
- Some variations include cutting out the sugar and adding a cup of feta cheese to make a salty appetizer, or adding shredded apples with cinnamon and raisins to the sweet mixture (drain the shredded apple first, as they’re super water-y).
This item was part of our food swap on January 28th, 2013. This dish was swapped for:
- Couscous Salad
- Beet, Yam & Carrot Soup
- Chocolate, Zucchini and Walnut Muffins (recipe coming soon!)
- Cheese-Topped Cornbread Pie
- Irish Soda Bread